People get acupuncture for many different reasons. For our purposes, we'll offer two main answers to this question.
A) Here is a list of conditions the World Health Organization has deemed appropriate for treatment with acupuncture. (skip down to page 23 of this 1979 report)
B) The most common ailments presented to an acupuncturist tend to be pain related conditions. For example; arthritis, back, neck, knee and shoulder pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and sciatica.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a complete medical system that is capable of diagnosing and successfully treating a wide range of conditions including:
(This is by no means a complete list of what Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can treat.)
Athletic sprain/strain, acute back and/or neck strain, temporal mandibular disorder (TMJ), Bell's palsy, headaches (including migraines), palpitations, early stages of cold/flu, asthma, tendinitis, arthritis, insomnia (poor sleep), Raynaud's, anxiety, high levels of stress, addictions, irritable bowel syndrome, reflux, hemorrhoids, many gynecological issues (including PMS), herpes zoster (shingles) and pre-/post-surgery for accelerated healing.
- Come with any questions you have, we're here to help you.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing for easy access to acupuncture points.
- Don't eat large meals just before or after your visit.
- Refrain from overexertion, drugs, or alcohol for up to 6 hours after the visit.
- Avoid stressful situation. Make time to relax and be sure to get plenty of rest.
- Between visits, take notes of any changes that you may have experienced.
- Facial Pain
- Neck Pain
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders(TMD)
- Contracture of Joint/Spasm of Muscle
- Shoulder Pain/Frozen Shoulder
- Back Pain/Low Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Automobile and Sports Injuries
- Tendonitis/Tennis Elbow
- Stress, Depression and Insomnia
- Menopause Syndrome/PMS
- Gynecological Disorders
- Infertility in Males and Females
- Bell's Palsy/Pareses following a stroke
- Allergies, Respiratory Diseases
- Skin Diseases
- Smoking Cessation
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Digestive System Problems/Constipation/IBS/ Nausea/Vomiting
- Cancer Treatment Support
- Immunity Enhancement
Note: The above includes the more common ailments treated. It is not a complete list. If your ailment does not appear on this list, it does not mean it can not be treated by acupuncture. Please contact me to discuss it.
Contact us today for unique painless therapies!
Tucson Acupuncture Center
800 N Swan Road, Suite 106
Tucson, AZ 85711